Plan, initiate, and manage information technology (IT) projects. Lead and guide the work of technical staff. Serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects. Plan project stages and assess business implications for each stage. Responsibilities include monitoring project
progress to ensure deadlines, standards, and cost targets are met.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Manage project execution to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope.
• Develop or update project plans for information technology projects including information such as project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, schedules, funding, and staffing.
• Confer with project personnel to identify and resolve problems.
• Monitor or track project milestones and deliverables.
• Develop and manage work breakdown structure (WBS) of information technology projects.
• Submit project deliverables, ensuring adherence to quality standards.
• Direct or coordinate activities of project personnel.
• Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Establish and execute a project communication plan.
• Assign duties, responsibilities, and spans of authority to project personnel.
Leadership: Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
Initiative: Job requires a willingness to personally take on responsibilities and challenges.
Persistence: Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
Attention to Detail: Job requires consistency of actions, methods, principles, expectations, and outcomes.
Integrity: Job requires consistency of actions, methods, principles,
expectations, and outcomes.
Dependability: Job requires having excellent attendance, being reliable,
responsible, and fulfilling obligations.
Effort: Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
Flexibility: Job Requires being adaptable, open to change (positive or negative) and comfortable with considerable variety in the workplace.