Responsible for establishing the company’s technical vision and leading all aspects of the company’s technology development. Work with Executive Management to define the strategic direction and grow the company through the use of technological resources. Provide leadership for the company within the technology community.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Establish the company’s technical vision and lead the execution of technology strategy for all platforms and partnerships.
• Work closely with other department heads to understand internal requirements.
• Develop and implement strategies that support objectives for all departments within the company.
• Develop and implement strategies that support customers.
• Prepare budgets for approval, including those for funding or implementation of programs.
• Build and maintain software development, product management, and technical expertise within the company.
• Anticipate, react, and provide written position/planning to major technology changes.
• Conduct research on leading edge technologies and make determinations on the probability of implementation.
• Negotiate or approve contracts or agreements with suppliers, distributors, federal or state agencies, or other organizational entities.
• Demonstrate the ability to interpret technology and market trends as a foundation for the company’s technology platforms. Establish technical standards and ensure adherence to
Leadership: Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
Integrity: Job requires consistency of actions, methods, principles,
expectations, and outcomes.
Initiative: Job requires a willingness to personally take on responsibilities and challenges.
Stress Tolerance: Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
Effort: Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
Dependability: Job requires having excellent attendance, being reliable, responsible, and fulfilling obligations.
Independence: Job requires establishing best practices, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
Persistence: Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.